Found in: beBee S US
Applicants must complete the following survey to be considered for the role:
The Manufacturing Engineer is responsible for the successful implementation of new processes and technologies as well as the continuous improvement of manufacturing efforts on the production floor. This role develops, evaluates, and improves manufacturing methods, utilizing knowledge of safety, molding, machinery, tooling & production equipment capabilities, assembly methods, and quality assurance standards.
Job Duties and Requirements
- New machinery installation, commissioning, and training
- Facilities and infrastructure planning and management
- New mold trials and process validation
- Process development and improvement
- Providing engineering support in manufacturing & assembly to trouble shoot and resolve technical problems
- Developing and implementing process control techniques and procedures onto the manufacturing floor
- Analyzing manufacturing process flows continually for the enhancements of quality, cost reduction, and throughput
- Estimating labor requirements, production times, and relative costs to provide data for operational decisions
- Working closely with Production to assist in the development, coordination, and implementation of technical training for employees
- Designing and developing manufacturing processes for enhancements, product changes, and new products, and related fixtures and tooling that are consistent with continuous improvement efforts.
- Other projects and tasks as assigned.
Skills / Qualifications
- Proficient in 3D modeling software (SolidWorks)
- Proficient in safe and efficient use of machine shop equipment
- Position requires 5-10 years of working knowledge of thermoplastic molding.
- Knowledge of plastic mold and part design
- Proficiency with MS Office software suites (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.)
- Excellent communication and record-keeping skills
- BS or degree in Mechanical Engineering or other technical discipline, or 10+ years of relevant work experience desired.
3 days ago
Neptune City, New Jersey, United States
The Flexcraft Company