Found in: Neuvoo
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Keep accurate financial records of all income and disbursements; compiling various financial and statistical records; setting-up, posting to, balancing, and adjusting accounts; control accounts receivable/payable and petty cash and other various fund accounts.
2. Responsible for all banking; reconciling statements; accumulating records and compiling financial reports as required. Reports would include but not be limited monthly financials to the board of directors and staff leadership; other financial reports as needed; annual audits and other financial related audits (i.e.: third party funders)
3. Interfacing with an outside independent auditor for annual audits to include but not limited to local, state and federal reporting related to private not for profit organizations.
In addition, preparing any and all audits required for federal and state funded programs.
4. Reconcile differences within the record keeping system; allocate and charge encumbrances and expenditures to appropriate accounts and organization units.
5. Maintain payroll system, receiving timesheets in a timely manner, W-4 forms, and compensation records.
6. Assist in conducting a continuous personnel management program to include but not limited to: a. Keep informed of changes in personnel regulations, policies and procedures and alerting the staff to the significant changes.
1. Be able to demonstrate possession of the knowledge and skills necessary to carry out above function. Have basic bookkeeping, computer, and administrative skills.
2. Qualifying experience and/or education of at least two years' work experience performing bookkeeping, fiscal, statistical, and clerical accounting activities.
3. Possess ability to communicate effectively, in both verbal and written formats.
5. Have knowledge of personnel regulations and procedures.
6. Preferred qualifying experience and or education providing the functions for a private not for profit
8. Qualifying experience in using QuickBooks
Job Type: Full-time
7 days ago
Jacksonville, Florida, United States