Fleet Repair Technician
Found in: Resume Library
Description:MAINTENANCE "B" MECHANIC (DIESEL/CNG) POSITION
DESCRIPTION: HEAVY DUTY DIESEL FLEET MECHANIC
HOURLY RATE: $24. 30/HOUR; PLUS SHIFT DIFFERENTIAL
Repairing and maintaining tractors and trailers for the Traffic Center.
We are proud to offer you a generous starting salary. Annual salary review with opportunities to move up based on performance.
We also offer unbeatable benefits including health insurance, dental and vision, retirement savings benefits including 401(k) with
company contribution, vacation days and much more.
REQUIRED SKILLS / QUALIFICATIONS:
* 3 - 5+ years mechanical experience on trailers and tractors
* CDLA license preferred (but not required)
* Experience on Preventive Maintenance processes on heavy duty equipment
* Experience on diagnosing and trouble-shooting most repairs
* Minor welding
* Must be a team player and exhibit a strong ability to work with others (individuals and teams)
* Ability to work against and meet tight deadlines
* Flexibility (short notice and changing priorities)
* Basic computer skills
* Strong attention to detail
* Ability to receive performance feedback
* Strong time management and organizational skills
* Excellent interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
* Able to lift 75-100 lbs. safely with ability to work on/under trucks for 8-10 hours per day
* Occasional overnight travel for training and meetings
* Must provide own tools (annual tool allowance provided)
* Preventive Maintenance on all equipment - priority to all tractors (CNG/Diesel)
* Equipment includes: Volvo tractors/Cummins engines/Trailers
* Timely entry of Garage Work Orders
* Quarterly parts inventory
* Daily work order completion through the World Class Maintenance System (WCMS)
* Cross shift communication/Shift hand-offs
* Other duties as required or assigned by Lead/Traffic management
* Occasional flex schedule to cover open days/shifts
* Overtime as required
We hope that you are now envisioning yourself as the newest addition to our diverse team. There is nothing sweeter than a thankful driver who is back out on the road delivering quality snacks to our customers as a direct result of your personal expertise and work ethic.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status.
PepsiCo is an Equal Opportunity Employer: Female / Minority / Disability / Protected Veteran / Sexual Orientation / Gender Identity
Our Company will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Fair Credit Reporting Act, and all other applicable laws, including but not limited to, San Francisco Police Code Sections 4901 - 4919, commonly referred to as the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance; and Chapter XVII, Article 9 of the Los Angeles Municipal Code, commonly referred to as the Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring Ordinance.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement documents. View PepsiCo EEO Policy.
Please view our Pay Transparency Statement.
5 days ago
Binghamton, New York, United States
Frito-Lay North America