Surety Underwriting Consultant Washington (TO-DE06C)
Found in: Jobrapido
Under technical supervision, the Surety Underwriting Consultant is responsible for underwriting risks in a book of business while developing and nurturing assigned agency and broker relationships.Candidate must demonstrate a strong grasp of underwriting fundamentals and make consistent and well thought out recommendations.
The Underwriter is responsible for the profitable growth of an assigned book of business focused primarily on contract bonds, utilizing underwriting policies and guidelines.
About CNA Surety
CNA Surety provides a full range of surety and fidelity bonds in all 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico. Through a combined network of approximately 40,000 appointed agencies, CNA Surety has the capacity, experience and dedication to serve a full range of bonding needs, from the smallest commercial bonds to multi-million dollar contract bonds.
CNA Surety is known for its expert underwriting, solid financial strength, market leadership and creative solutions to all bonding requirements. With a highly diverse product line, one of the broadest underwriting capabilities in the industry, and an unparalleled distribution system, the CNA Surety group of companies ranks as one of the largest writers of surety bonds in the United States. Backed by the financial strength of the CNA Insurance Group, we have one of the highest US Treasury Underwriting Limitations in the surety industry.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Performs a combination of duties in accordance with departmental guidelines:
Works on highly complex underwriting risks employing diagnostic and systematic analysis to assess acceptability. Reviews contracts and bonds forms to determine acceptability of risk.
Determines appropriate rates for complex risks within assigned book of business based on financial and competitive analysis in line with compliance requirements and with little oversight needed from superiors.
Makes recommendations on underwriting policy and pricing strategy.
Analyzes profitability of highly complex risks underwritten; prepares and presents reports to management.
Markets products and services through agencies or through the brokerage community and makes field visits.
Develops and maintains agency and/or broker relationships with large producers within the assigned territory to reach positive and profitable outcomes on complex high-risk business.
Keeps current on state/territory issues and regulations, industry activity and trends. May participate in industry trade groups.
Mentors and guides less experienced underwriters and assists in the development of underwriting training.
Utilizes advanced functionality in relevant CNA systems to perform day-to-day activities.
Responsible for special underwriting projects and presentations.
Manager or above
Skills Knowledge and Abilities
1. Advanced technical expertise underwriting skill and high level of knowledge of surety and underwriting principles practices and procedures.
2. Strong communication negotiation and presentation skills. Ability to effectively interact with all levels of CNA's internal and external business partners.
3. Advanced analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to manage and prioritize multiple projects.
4. Ability to deal with ambiguous situations and issues.
5. Creativity in resolving unique and challenging business problems.
6. Knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite and other business-related software.
7. Demonstrated leadership skills.
Education and Experience
1. Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience. Professional designations preferred.
2. Typically a minimum eight years underwriting experience
Primary LocationUnited States-Washington-Seattle
Job PostingMar 5, 2021
CNA is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to a diverse work culture. M/F/D/V.
7 days ago
seattle, wa, United States