$16/hour Entry Level General Manufacturing
Found in: Jobg8
Description:Production opportunities at Quad instill a sense of empowerment and possibility distinct from those at other employers. Quad's state-of-the-art manufacturing facilities include world-class automation and printing technology. This includes guided vehicles (driverless fork trucks) and world-class digital presses that give our clients a full range of options to produce personalized marketing products. Fueled by innovative, interesting days, you'll find hard work is good work, and feel a deep sense of pride in a job well done - something shared by everyone in the community we call Quad.
Quad is seeking general manufacturing employees to join our team in Saratoga Springs, NY
12 hour shifts (7 pm-7am or 7am-7pm) including days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
.75 cent extra for night shift
A general manufacturing position includes the opportunity to learn the printing process from the ground up and advance in a progressive environment. In this position you will assist in the creation of various well known magazines/catalogs and other related products in either our Press or Finishing (Bindery) departments. Quad prides itself on having a grow from within philosophy where employees are provided the opportunity to learn in their roles and grow within the company.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
* The list of duties and responsibilities may include the following:
* Remove product from the end of the printing press or finishing machine.
* Stack loose signatures off a pallet and transfer to table and then place into a collator hopper.
* Transfer completed bundles of product off machine conveyor and stack onto pallets, then place mail bags onto pallet.
* Move product with a hand jack or motorized Raymond or Big Joe lift.
* Comply with all quality, safety and work rules and regulations.
* Effectively communicate with other members of the staff.
* Remove skids of product using a Big Joe and Hand Truck.
* Assist other crew members with various duties including webbing up of the press and/or special handwork in order to meet customer requests.
* Follow all clean-up and housekeeping procedures.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* The ability to take stacks (average 10-30 lbs) using repetitive hand/wrist movement, off of the end of a machine (2-4 feet high) and stack product on skids from floor level to 5 feet high using repetitive bending and twisting.
* The ability to remove skids (weighing up to 2400 lbs) by using a Big Joe and Hand Truck
* Ability to lift stacks of end boards (30 lbs) as needed
* Lift rolls of banding strap (60 lb) as needed
* Moving logs as needed without lifting them (stand them up or lie them down)
* Ability to adjust stacker using a touch screen
* Ability to use a vibrating jogging table
* The ability to take stacks of loose signatures ranging (5-30 lbs.) off a pallet of up to 48" in height and transfer to table top work surface 42", and then place into a collator hopper.
* Ability to transfer completed bundles of product (10-30 lbs.) off machine conveyor and stack onto pallets or into mail bags that potentially weigh from 5 to 75 lbs. Then place mail bags onto pallet.
* The ability to use a hand jack or motorized Raymond or Big Joe lift.
* The ability to use a computer, scissors, and tape gun.
* At least 18-years of age or older
* A solid work history
* Ability to work well in a team environment
* Ability to follow instructions and work independently
* The ability to read and write; possess good verbal and written comprehension
* Manufacturing experience is preferred, such as laborer, machinist, assembly, or bindery.
Additional Company Information
We offer excellent benefits to eligible employees, including 401(k), holidays, vacations and more.
Quad is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and values diversity. We are committed to creating a place of belonging - a space where employees do not need to sacrifice who they are to exist and grow in our workplace. Quad does not discriminate on any unlawful basis including race, religion, color, national origin, disability, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, genetic information, or any other basis prohibited by applicable federal, state, or local laws. Quad also prohibits harassment of applicants and employees based on any of these protected categories.
Drug Free Workplace
2 days ago
Ballston Spa, New York, United States